The intelligence community monitors on a daily basis communications from 20 percent of the roughly 300 geo-positional satellites in orbit around the Earth. The intelligence community previously had no system to keep tabs on the other 80 percent of such signals. A new database will allow U.S. and Five Eyes interception sites to claim responsibility for these other signals and ensure they are regularly surveyed.
Apr 22, 2005
Feb 05, 2018